Timber floors are typical in most houses. Its simplicity and elegance are very soothing to the eyes. Having timber floors can make your home more interesting, and has also proven to add value to your house. However, there are things that must be considered on how to lengthen the quality of timber flooring.
This type of material can be very delicate. It needs care and proper maintenance so that it would last a long time and we all know that floors are one of the most used parts of the house. And so they would likely be the ones to be damaged first. If you have timber floors and they happen to be very beaten, or they need some repair, we can share some restoration process tips.
If you want to learn more about timber floors, please check out our other resources:
1. How much does timber floor installation cost?
2. 5 Best types of timber for your floor
3. Why should you choose timber floors?
4. Engineers vs laminate vs solid timber flooring
5. What to consider before timber floor installation
6. 5 Simple timber floor care tips
First, here some tips on how to take care of your timber floors:
- Don’t put furniture polish on your timber floor and avoid using hairspray near it. These have some chemicals that can damage the floors.
- Avoid using high heels. Heels can damage timber floors. You can take them off if you are about to enter a room with timber floors.
- Fitting rugs should be used for timber floors. Some mats are not adequately treated, and by this, the dyes on the rug can stain the floor. Once this has occurred, you will have a hard time fixing it most especially on light-coloured timber floors.
- You also have to avoid moisture. If you spilled anything, clean it right away.
- Clean your timber floors regularly. You can mop it once a week, and you can sweep every day.
Now, here are the ways to repair timber floors:
- Remove everything, including the furniture so that you can have space and you can restore it properly and carefully.
- Clean the floor to eliminate unwanted mess so that you can have a clear mind on restoring your timber floor.
- Spray your floor with hardwood cleaner. You can also make some at home. First, take 10 cups of water, and 1 cup of white vinegar. Next, wipe the floor gently with a terry-cloth mop or get a towel and wrap it around a mop head. You also have to remember to close the windows and doors to trap all the dust in the room while you are sanding.
As time goes by, we can’t deny the fact that all things come to an end. However, there are some things that you can do to prolong the life of something, especially timber floors. This is one type of a lifetime investment, so taking good care of it is a must.
If you are ready to hire us, please call us at 0407 983 020, or request for a free quote here.